Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Painting Has Begun

Well this update has been a long time coming, don't think it's because I havent done anything because I have but now that I am temporarily out of work I can spend more time on my projects.
I thought for something different today I'd tackle some painting (being as recently I'd been welding, learn by doing -more on that in future)
First I needed somewhere to paint, so after looking a I decided a nice big poly tunnel should do, it would help keep the temperature up required for painting

Next the pannel, I picked the boot lid as its small enough to practice on. After stripper all of the old paint off and lots of filler I was down to bare metal and ready to apply some etch. Pannel wipe everything to make sure it was clean and time to play with my new Apollo Spraymate toy.
Overall I'm quite happy with how it looks thought it still has to dry.

I'll get some more updates regarding the body very soon!





1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just stumbled across your blog... I've got a lot to catch up on but it looks great.
    I've just bought a 1500 of eBay and am under no illusions to it's condition. I see a lot of what you are doing heading my way :)

    ReplyDelete