Friday 1 October 2010

New Overflow Hose & Headunit


Granted the update is a day late but better late than never.

Whilst getting some clips for the fuel line hose for the fuel pressure regulator (not yet fitted) I thought I would get some hose and cli
ps to replace that washing machine cold water pipe. Straight forward fit with removing the old, cutting to the same size and re-fitting with jubilee clips. The hardest part was cutting the hose with a Stanley knife blade that was as blunt as a spoon.

I'm sure you'll agree it looks alot better



The car came with a cassette player fitted. Now I could survive with this as it has radio and also and aux input so I could have hooked my phone up to play music. The only problem was, if I was going to have something retro, I would want the standard headunit that came fitted with the car.
After a half hearted search for an original headunit I gave up and went straight to the shop to get a headunit. Nothing flash as there's no point in having Bluetooth connection if you can't hear it over the engine noise.

Fitting was a piece of cake as the wires were already in place for the previous headunit so I just cut them and wired in my new ISO adaptor.
As you can see I had to use the plastic 'face plate' that the old one used as the opening is slightly bigger than a single DIN headunit. I can probably tidy this up a bit better at a latter date aswell as find a better way to have it secured in place.
The next projects for the audio will be to fit 4 13cm speakers, 2 to replace the ones in the rear side panels and 2 to install in the rear panel. The other project is to replace the aerial as the one currently fitted doesn't slide away and so has to be unscrewed every time the cover is getting put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment