Wednesday 29 September 2010

Fixing Leaking Carbs & Fitting Temperature Sender

Finally some progress, the post finally came today and with it my SU HS42 carb overhaul kit, replacement temperature sender and fuel pressure regulator (not yet fitted.)

So out to work in the rain I go. I took the carbs off so that I could take them inside to work in the dry and warm. After taking the top half and all of the insides out of the first carb in order to replace the jet I realised on the second that none of that was necessary and all I have to do was take it out of the bottom.

I considered simply changing the washer an seals on the existing jets however as the washer and seals were so tightly fitted to the new jets I didn't want to disturb them.






After all was put back together and checked there didnt seem to be any leaks which is always a nice thing, installing the fuel pressure regulator should also help keep it this way for a while but I will have to get some extra fuel line before I do that.

Im sure you will agree they look nice and clean compared to the old ones.



Whilst dirty and under the bonnet I thought I would install the replacement temperature sender. Obviously this on looks alot more like the standard fitted one and miles more like it than the oil pressure sensor I was previously sent.







2 minutes later and it was installed, another job done.

Another thing for me to fix as you can see in the photo to the right is the blue overflow pipe from the rocker to the carb's. Yes your right it is cold water feed pipe from a washing machine. Needless to say that wont be on much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment