Tuesday 28 September 2010

Another Day, Another Job Not Completed

After starting with the best intentions even though the weather was a bit grim it dried by the afternoon so a coolant change was on the cards. In short this never happened, I decided to tackle the leading carb. After a closer look it seemed the carb was leaking from the bottom of the main jet where the pipe connects to the float bowel. Aluminum engine shield removed and a little touch on the pipe showed it had nothing holding it in apart from good will. It seems it wasn't catching the seal.
I took apart the other side to check how it went together but looking at that seal it looked very worn also. Not an issue you would think, apart from my carb kit hasn't come so I have no seals. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive so I can get on.

On the upside I did fit my cover for the first time. More details of that later.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment