Sunday 26 September 2010

First Post, First Blog, First Spitfire!


After many years of wanting and wanting I finally took the plunge into buying a Triumph Spitfire. After looking around and then at a car that seemed to be grossly overpriced I found myself a tidy little bargain in the form of a 1976 British Racing Green Triumph Spitfire 1500 with both a soft top and factory hard top.

Sure it may not look much but the body is there and there abouts sound with the only signs of repair to the boot lid in the form of a dent that has been knocked out and then skimmed over with filler (which is starting to crack a bit)

Problems to fix:-
  • basic service
  • drivers door is missing lock link rod (fixed straight away)
  • lock barrels on both doors need changing as they don't seem to lock from the outside
  • brake master cylinder to be overhauled
  • rear wheel cylinders to be changed and brake fluid flushed
  • cigarette lighter to fit
  • CD player to fit with speakers (how can I be expected to survive with a cassette deck)
  • paintwork to touch up (just a DIY job and I'll be happy for now
  • carb float bowls to clean
  • temperature sender to replace
It may seem like alot of work but I dont think it will be too bad, only time will tell.

Hopefully I'll have some better pictures soon and progress of any updates

No comments:

Post a Comment